Saturday, March 23, 2019

Reflection on the First Day of FIlming.

     The first day of filming was fun, exciting, a little nerve racking, and warm. We thankfully didn't experience any serious issues when filming. Finding an open field was very easy, but one situation did present itself within just hours of filming time. Extra after extra who said they could participate started dropping like flies. However, when it came time to filming, I only had 4 extras other than the main character, and I had someone just take a few pictures of me filming too. 

     When it came time to filming, I was able to use my good friend Tomas' DJI Ronin which is a very fancy stabilizer for a DSLR camera. It is a little heavy but totally worth it for the smooth quality of the shots.  

     Filming took about an hour an a half long, after getting everyone settled from wanting to throw around the baseballs for fun. I also went through everyone's role which I can now just sort of understanding the pressure of a director or choreographer when putting together a full-scale production. 

     In tomorrow's posting, I will discuss the experience when filming the first long scene of my film opening which took place in my house. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

This may be the last time that I write on here, but it has been a long journey and I am more than excited to have completed it. I hope you h...