Wednesday, February 27, 2019



So my film opening will consist of two locations, the home of the main character at the beginning, and a baseball field during the second half. For the house scene, I will most likely be using my own home, making it very tidy and neat. I need to now consider props to fill the space; My father had an old collection of baseball mitts that I will be able to use to decorate the room of the main character and possibly the home. I will also need to find different baseball photos and posters to hang up around the bedroom of the main character. I already own a few baseball bats, mitts, and balls for all the characters to use later on the field. There will be other props to embrace the theme and tone of the film opening as well as hints as to aspects of the main character.


I am thinking to look on amazon.com for some baseball posters or look to do some research on the price to print my own at a Kinkos. I am looking for pretty generic posters but I am looking for one sort of poster, in particular, one of Barry Bonds, with his name on the poster similar to this:




On the field, the characters will be wearing generic athletic clothing. The location I am planning on using for the baseball field is Regional Community Park in my nearby area. The fields are usually kept and are pretty open during the weekdays right after school, but not after 6 or so, when the little league games start. The park has 8 baseball fields so finding an open one should not be an issue. I think the next part of this project I should begin to consider is to look long and hard for the right music and suspense tones, as well as creating a visual guideline in the form of a storyboard.






Barry Bonds Poster: “1993 Barry Bonds Poster.” Etsy, www.etsy.com/listing/629791308/1993-barry-bonds-poster.

Baseball fan room Photo: “Boys' Room Baseball Art.” KidSpace Stuff, 16 July 2013, www.kidspacestuff.com/blog/2013/07/boys-room-baseball-art/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

This may be the last time that I write on here, but it has been a long journey and I am more than excited to have completed it. I hope you h...