Tuesday, February 26, 2019

My Story's Plot (As of now)



I have been contemplating the idea for the opening of the past few days and especially today. I am sort of drawn between two story options, but I am going to go with my gut on this one.


So the premise of the story is that a teenage roughly 16/17 years old. Who lives with his mother, as of now I don't think I will include a father character. The main character let’s say his name is “Barry” because I know my main actor will love that name, and a famous baseball player shares the name, Barry Bonds. The beginning of the opening will start with a long single take, to establish character development between the mother and sone and just the “Barry”. The shot will be a dolly shot scanning through the home and then the room of the main character.


Much like how when E.T. is brought into the room full of hints toward the characters, time, theme, and directors favorite things. The camera and viewers will slowly walk through the house and room to gain an understanding of the character and will hint towards later significant items or references. The main character is in his room and gathers his things to play baseball with his friends as he tells his moms he going out and the usual “of course ill be safe, I play baseball all the time”.


I have thought out a good amount of specific shots I want to achieve. My good friend Tomas has a gimble to attach a DSLR which is what I was planning to use to record. We often work together on many projects so hopefully, he will let me borrow his gimble to get very smooth and fluid shots.



Later within the story, the main character goes out to a baseball field and plays with his friends roughly 4 or 5 others and they are just playing a scrimmage game of baseball. The main character is constantly cheering on all his other friends from both teams after he has hit and made it to second base. This will be intercut with faster editing cuts and a suspenseful rising tension sound effect that builds for a long time until the tension break of a loud pop from the baseball hitting the bat and then beaming straight for the main character’s head where he is hit and then collapses.



All of his friends gather around him and someone grabs his phone from his pocket to call his mom and the police and the last shot is of his mother answering the phone and driving off toward the baseball field. Where the title will then appear which I still must come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

This may be the last time that I write on here, but it has been a long journey and I am more than excited to have completed it. I hope you h...